Sunday, September 19, 2010

On Babies and Hats

Saturday Gillian, Heather, and Jamie visited and we made hats. I'm actually pretty proud of my hat. It is a light blue/aqua pill box hat with a black flower and a peacock feather. The pattern is super simple and even though it took my 5 hours to make by hand, I don't think it is terrible. I wore it to church today and got a few compliments on it.

More than anything else, it was really, really nice to have people visit me in Waco. No one ever comes to Waco, which if I'm perfectly honest makes sense because Waco isn't that awesome, but it's nice to see them. We had a good time. Lots of laughing and crafting and whatnot. Every time I see people it makes me realize how much I miss Rice people. No one here is quite nerdy enough (although Chris and Travis are pretty decent fill-ins for most things). I made a fantastic Star Trek remark in Hebrew this week and only the teacher and I got it.

This week has been a very sentimental week. I talked to Sarah on GChat which is always fun. We talked about her upcoming wedding. I'm so excited about her wedding this summer. And super excited that we are talking regularly now. I also talked to Megan and Laura on speaker phone. I forget how much I miss them when I don't talk to them. Basically, I've been in away from everyone too long and I need a person fix. If I could have one totally non-practical but also not completely ridiculous wish it would be that I had 100 million frequent flyer miles and could just fly around seeing everyone.

Today Calvary called and asked me to do child care and they let me play with a two and a half month old baby. Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment