Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Journaling 2.0

It's a new year and a new attempt at journaling/blogging. This is probably attempt 700 at journaling over the course of my life, but I'm more determined this time. And with the advent of a new spiritual formation director, someone may actually read this and decide if I can graduate or not. It's not that I don't love Waco and Truett (so maybe only half of that is true), but I do want to graduate and move back to Houston. I miss Houston and I'm too broke to drive back there on a regular basis.

Oh yeah, I'm also trying to stay on a budget. And an exercise schedule. And a legitimate combination of healthy foods (including carrots- I know, what?). And keeping my room clean. Basically trying to be a better adult and all that. Maybe 25 will actually be the year that I start being an adult. I had to replace my car battery last week and that's kinda grown-up like. So there universe. So there. This semester is also ridiculous because I'm working 20 hours and taking 16 hours and doing the Journal and probably YMT and oh yeah, 4 hours of Hebrew. Good. Freaking. Grief. I hate Hebrew. I had an a-ha moment today when I dissected my middle name and found 3 Hebrew words in it, but yeah Claire + Language = Epic Terribleness of Larger Proportions and probably fire-shooting raptors that also spit spiders.

My looming suspicion that I have ADD is also being confirmed by the number of stimulants I take to keep me awake in the morning (read: copious amounts of energy drinks) actually make me concentrate better and stuff. I feel like energy drinks shouldn't make me concentrate but actually just stay awake. I didn't take a nap today so I may simply be loopy. This is the 2nd morning in a row that I've woken to my alarm going off. The sound is jarring. That may be because my alarm is Tik Tok and Ke$ha at 7 am is really ACK!

I suppose that's all. No one reads this blog anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I still have it in my reader feed, and am glad you updated! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete