Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gothic Mormons

So it has been quite awhile since I've posted anything. Not that life hasn't been interesting. Or that I haven't had time to post anything. I just haven't.

Summer is fast approaching. It's nice to be back in school and be on the school calendar system. It just makes more sense than the traditional calendar. I'm looking forward to only having to worry about one class for awhile (Texts and Traditions 2- Reformation literature) in June. I'm not taking a class in July and my job is effectively over at the end of June, so July should be either really boring or really awesome. I'm guessing boring because I'm not going anywhere and I'm too broke to go anywhere even if I had a plan.

I'm feeling a bit stuck at the moment. It's hard to believe that a year is almost up for grad school. I think I have a better idea about what I am going to do with my life, but I'm already ready for the next thing to happen. Don't worry, I don't plan on jumping ship and leaving Waco after only one year (though I'd be thrilled if the program moved to Houston!). There is just something missing that I can't wrap my head around. To quote Ingrid Michaleson "I want to change the world, instead I sleep." I've been sleeping a lot lately, trying to fill in the hours of my day that aren't bounded by class and work and homework. In some ways I think I sleep because it speeds life up.

As for the title of this post, I've been watching Big Love a lot and listening to Laura music. Strangely I find comfort in two ways of life that I will never subscribe to. I guess I have reached the realization that I will never be interestingly different. I will always be plain and boring, like white bread.

1 comment:

  1. If you watch enough Discovery Health, even white bread can get terrifyingly interesting, causing impacted bowels in old people and whatnot.

    ... but you're probably not going for that kind of interesting.

    Never fear! I think you're interesting in a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete