Saturday, October 2, 2010

Must.Sleep.Need.Sleep.

...and yet I'm still vaguely awake and posting to my blog instead going to bed.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought that 16 hours + work + SRT + TJCM + YMT = good idea, but it doesn't. All I do is work and then as soon as my last Friday class is over, I immediately have to start on everything for next week just to stay afloat. With this course load it definitely feels more like graduate school. Thankfully I will only have to take 12 hours for the rest of my time (pending, of course, me taking a Maymester class).

I talked to Deborah this week. She's still alive and in her final year at Harvard Law School. Not much else happened. I had a really nice, long IM conversation with Megan last Friday and I don't think I've posted since then. Maybe I have- this week has been super long. I will relate just how fried my brain is below:

In my modern theology class we were discussing plenary verbal inspiration v. dictation. I was trying to point out that God foreordaining people to write specific words really isn't different than dictation. My professor, Dr. Sands, was trying to play a game with me to show that there is a way to elicit a certain response from someone without telling them to say that response. The idea is that at the end of this series of math questions he asks you to name a vegetable and like 70% of the people will answer carrot.

Sands: Okay, what is 5+5
Me: 10
Sands: 10+5
Me: 15
Sands: 15+5
Me: 20
Sands: 20 +5
Me: 25
Sands: 25+5
Me: 30
Sands: 5x5
Me: 25
Sands: 25-5
Me: 20
Sands: 20-5
Me: 15
Sands: 15-5
Me: 10
Sands: 10-5
Me: 5
Sands: Name a vegetable
Me: ...uh
Sands: You hesitated, what were you going to say?
Me: Granola
Sands: Granola isn't a vegetable
Me: I know

Yes, in response to "name a vegetable" not only did I not think of a vegetable immediately, I answered granola- which isn't even close to a vegetable. At least my class had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment