Thursday, January 21, 2010

Here we go again....

Another semester of covenant group has begun, which means that I am returning to a more consistent pattern of journaling. As usual, life is a beautiful mess. I'm trying to learn to live into that mess, though. Too much time and energy has been spent resisting that mess- trying to put things into compartmentsl

I will strive for organization, but I will not obsess about it. For the first time in a long time I'm honestly trying to use a date book. I'm pretty sure that it is the only way that I will get through the semester. I've over committed- again. Big surprise (right)? Between everything I have going on I will be a more beautiful mess by the end of the semester.

The book that I've just finished for my Life and Work of the Pastor class had the brilliant insight that mess precedes creativity. And that ministry is a mess: a mess of people and people are inherently messy. I am inherently messy. I am embracing this messiness for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment