Monday, October 11, 2010

Obligatory Update

I wish I wasn't in class right now. Monday night classes are no fun, and this class is particularly draining because it's not something I'm interested in. And the professor is older and talks slowly and tries to carry on discussion but no one wants to discuss. I'm here for another 2 hours at least. Then it's off to the grocery store to buy some food for lunches this week and home for dinner and Hebrew homework. Oh what an interesting life I lead.

This weekend was fun. Laura and Daniel's wedding was Saturday and I got to see a lot of people that I don't normally see since we are all in different locations. Seeing everyone makes me wish that I was back in college when I could see people all the time. It's funny that the only people I really ever hang-out with from that time period are couples. Even Heather- she and Kyle just don't know it at the moment. But yeah, the wedding was Saturday proper and then we met up with Laura and Daniel and various people from the Netherlands in Kemah. Going to Kemah was another trip back in time. Clear Lake has changed so much in the past six years that parts of it aren't really recognizable anymore. The people from the Netherlands were fun, although I didn't get to talk to many of them. Pretty much, it was just really nice to see Laura and Daniel. They seem so happy together and it was wonderful to be a witness to that happiness.

Yesterday was pretty blah because it was basically nothing but homework- particularly working on the stupid paper for this class that I'm in right now. Beside the blahness of the rest of today, the exciting part is that Lauren and Jeff are engaged! They are possibly one of the sweetest couples I know and I'm very happy they are getting married (not that I think anyone was surprised). What is surprising is the rapid decline of friends that aren't married/engaged. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. It's that point in life when everyone starts getting married and settling down, and most the people I know have been in relationships for pretty long periods of time.

But yay upcoming weddings and yay more reasons for hats and crafts.

1 comment:

  1. You know way too many Lauras and Laurens.

    PS - you can count on me not getting married for a very, very, very long time.

    ReplyDelete